Serving residents of Penetang
(Some programs include residents of Midland area)
The Seniors Community Support Programs provides service to those older adults identified as having care needs requiring support to live independently in the community. This program offers access to a basket of services based on assessed need to eligible older adults living in Penetang and in some cases the immediate surrounding area. We strive to impact positively on the wellness, independence and quality of life for at-risk seniors so that they are able to live longer, in better health and in their chosen environment.
Referral applications can be made by healthcare professionals, family members, community agencies and/or individuals who would qualify for the Residence or in-home service.
Social and Congregate Dining Program
Our in-house cook prepares nutritious meals at very low cost to eligible seniors who wish to share a meal in the stimulation of a social group environment and to those seniors who participate in the Day Program.
Our team is composed of a full time Program Supervisor who is also a Registered Practical Nurse and full and part-time Community Support Workers and a cook.
- Seniors 65 + years living alone in the community or with a caregiver who would benefit from experiencing a meal with others, improved nutritional intake, in a wellness oriented program. (Emphasis is on those seniors 75+)
- Resides in the Midland/Penetang or immediate outlying area
- May be experiencing difficulties with day-to-day living
- Socially or geographically isolated
- Needing some assistance/support to reintegrate into social activation.
Hours of Service:
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
On-duty hours: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. 7 days/week with flexibility
24/7 on call coverage
How to apply: Referrals to this service can be made by anyone (self, family, friend, caregiver, physician or another health care professional)
Contact Information: Kathy Jolie – Program Supervisor: 705-355-1022 ext 226