Serving residents of Penetang
(Some programs include residents of Midland area)
The Seniors Community Support Programs provides service to those older adults identified as having care needs requiring support to live independently in the community. This program offers access to a basket of services based on assessed need to eligible older adults living in Penetang and in some cases the immediate surrounding area. We strive to impact positively on the wellness, independence and quality of life for at-risk seniors so that they are able to live longer, in better health and in their chosen environment.
Referral applications can be made by healthcare professionals, family members, community agencies and/or individuals who would qualify for the Residence or in-home service.
This program offers social and recreation activities in group settings for seniors who would benefit from a wellness oriented program which includes assessment and some health monitoring.
Our team is composed of a full time Program Supervisor who is also a Registered Practical Nurse and part-time Day Program Coordinator.
- Seniors 65 + years living alone in the community or with a caregiver who would benefit from a wellness oriented program which includes assessment and monitoring. (Emphasis is on those seniors 75+)
- Resides in the Midland/Penetang or immediate outlying area
- May be experiencing difficulties with day-to-day living
- Socially or geographically isolated
- Needing some assistance/support to reintegrate into social activation