Providing services to adults affected by mental illness in North-Simcoe
Georgian Bay General Hospital
Crisis Services are provided to persons via the Emergency Room at Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH) or by referral from their physician or the Simcoe County Crisis Line. Mental status and risk assessments are conducted on contact with individuals to determine need for hospitalization.
Whenever possible the crisis worker will divert the person from hospital care to community services and may provide brief counselling (one to six sessions) to resolve the immediate crisis situation. Model of service is crisis intervention and brief solution focused therapy. Geographical service area is North Simcoe, Midland-Penetang area.
Our Team: We are a team of full-time and part-time mental health trained professionals comprised primarily of nurses and social workers.
- Persons 16 years of age and older
- Experiencing a mental health or situational crisis
- Residing in the North Simcoe, Midland-Penetanguishene area or presenting at GBGH
Hours of service:
- Monday to Friday 0900 – 2100 (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Saturday and Sunday 1000 – 1800 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Statutory holidays 1000 – 1800 (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
How to apply:
- Persons must be referred by a physician, the Simcoe County Crisis Line or present to the Emergency Room of Georgian Bay General Hospital in psychiatric distress.
- We strive to see referrals through the physician or Simcoe County Crisis Line within 24 hours of referral.
- Our referral forms are available online by clicking here.
Contact information: Program Supervisor:
Glen Lucas – 705-526-1305 Ext: 245