Providing services to adults affected by mental illness in North-Simcoe
SUPPORT FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAM
Wendat assists persons with serious mental illnesses to live as independently as possible with in-home case management support. The focus is on persons in high need of support. Service is provided 9am to 9pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 6pm on weekends and holidays.
Wendat’s housing registry program is a short term service available to adult mental health consumers looking for a place to live in North Simcoe (Midland-Penetang area)
The program offers its clients assistance in the process of finding accommodation – connecting with landlords, accompaniment to apartment viewings, assistance communicating with ODSP and potential landlords, information about landlord/tenant matters, assistance completing housing related paperwork, etc.
Landlord’s are encouraged to call in and notify the housing team about available rental units and the registry will work to help them fill their vacancies
Geographical service area: North Simcoe (Midland-Penetang area)
Our Team: The case management team deliver the services for this program
- Adult mental health consumers (age 16+)
- Services offered within North Simcoe (Midland-Penetang area)
Hours of Service:
- Program operates 7 days a week, including weekends and statutory holidays
- The housing registry program is accessible most weekdays between 9am-9pm depending on staff availability, staff of this program are also accessible on weekends 1pm to 9pm.
How to Apply/Who can Refer:
- Individuals can self refer, be referred by another community agency, family member, hospital, etc.
- No waiting list for this program
Contact: Heather Cusson – Program Supervisor (705) 526-1305 ext. 240 or any case manager on duty